Position Title: Youth Engagement Officer
Reports to: Programs Coordinator
Duty Station: Montserrado with possible travel to field offices
Opening date: July 22, 2021
Deadline: July 29, 2021
Background on KEEP: KEEP is a registered and accredited national Non-profit Organization that works at the grassroots level in 4 counties in Liberia (Grand Gedeh, Gbarpolu, Rivercess, & Montserrado) and focuses on providing various support in the education sector, particularly at the primary school level. KEEP also engages in women & girls’ empowerment, economic livelihood, access to justice, promotion of rights in schools, strengthening youth education through computer and reading literacy programs, child sponsorship and advocacy.
The role of the youth Engagement Officer is to lead the implementation of Plan International ‘She Leads’ project. Selected staff will be the focal person on the planning, implementation and reporting of the ‘She Leads’ project.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Support girls-led organizations to organize and participate in media talk shows that depicts the importance of girls’ involvement in decision making.
- Identify, support, strengthen and build network of boys/young men, adult-led CSOs/male allies to give space to GYW in order to afford them attain key positions within any institution.
- Support GYM and child rights network coordination meetings at local and national levels to ensure effective collaboration and coordination
- Support to collect data/information on the status of GYM involving into public spaces/institution as well as decision making
- Support to GYM actors in external training or learning agenda in other She leads countries for the purpose of learning and linking
- Support GYM to present petition to relevant Govt. actors/policy makers to include a standing committee on gender issues within the house of representative and the senate.
- Support GYM to engage regional and international actors on the status of girls right based on evidence data collection on SDGs
- Support GYM to participate in the development of jingles and messages that convey the importance of girls’ involvement in decision making.
- Support girls to network with the committees on the various hum right mechanisms to monitor/advice government for the submission of report on GYM rights in line with international conventions that have already been formed
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor and administration
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Sociology or Gender Studies.
Minimum of three years previous work-related skills with a non-governmental organization.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003/2007, ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, data analysis package and database software; email and internet
Community engagement experience.
Good communication skills required. Both written and spoken.
Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written & spoken).
Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations and problem solve.
Ability to work in a fast pace environment and a team setting.
Interested candidates should send their applications (e-copy only) to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org .