Position Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Montserrado with possible travel to field offices
Opening date: September 6, 2021
Deadline: September 13, 2021
Background on KEEP: KEEP is a registered and accredited national Non-profit Organization that works at the grassroots level in 3 counties in Liberia (Grand Gedeh, Gbarpolu, Rivercess, Bong, Maryland, Bomi, Margibi, Grand Bassa & Montserrado) and focuses on providing various support in the education sector, particularly at the primary school level. KEEP also engages in women & girls’ empowerment, economic livelihood, access to justice, promotion of rights in schools, strengthening youth education through computer and reading literacy programs, child sponsorship and advocacy.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance section with entry level support in raising payments, managing petty cash, doing deposits, verifying vouchers, and running administrative errands.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare tax documents for the organization.
- Initiate the processing of payments to vendors.
- Enter all project financial data into Quickbooks.
- Update financial records.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
- Prepare a monthly Budget versus actual each partner project.
- Ensure compliance with Liberia’s tax laws and regulations, and systems of internal control
- Support with the strict adherence of accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of project financial information
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes
- Support with the compilation of monthly Bank Reconciliation.
- Develop monthly financial project reports.
- Maintain an updated Cashbook
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor and administration
- Minimum of Associate level Accounting degree.
- Must know how to work in Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003/2007, ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, data analysis package and database software, email and internet
- Good communication skills. Both written and spoken.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written & spoken).
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and a team setting.
- Available to work at flexible schedule that includes evenings and sometimes weekends and or holidays.
Interested candidates should send their applications (e-copy only) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com .